Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Amazing Photos

To kill time before we saw The Phantom of the Opera on Christmas night, we explored the Venetian. I'd never been in the Venetian hotel before, and I really enjoyed walking around the Grand Canal Shoppes. We didn't go into any of the shoppes (a little pricey, not my scene), but we did come across a gallery of beautiful photographs. The Peter Lik gallery had landscape photographs that were breathtaking. There were several prints I would have loved to own if I wasn't poor and unrefined.

The website only features a few of the prints we saw at the gallery.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Its cool...I'm poor and unrefined too. Sucks being a stay at home mom sometimes when I think about all the things we could do with an extra income...like go to the Venitian and stay or something.

Elise said...

Hey Adaire because of you i now pay attention to infomercial when they come something that i have never ever done. But the other day i saw 2 that you should add to your list. LOL The Sham Wow its a sammie that is suppost to amazing. The Dr. Oz shape ware i would love to shrink two dress sizes with this thing i am sure it will look great under a swm suit. LOL So thanks a lot for making me pay attention to them.

Christy said...

Just wanted to tell you that I love your book review of Breaking Dawn.

**Spoilers**

The other three books were just okay for me (seriously, I don't get the obsession with the books--Bella in love with Edward because he's good looking, and therefore will give up her entire existence to become a vampire. And Edward in love with Bella because she smells tasty...it's a love meant to last forever!). Breaking Dawn made me want to gag. And all that build up to the big confrontation at the end, only for all the vampires to THINK at each other! DUN DUN DUN! I was hoping Bella would die, but NO--Bella has become the most AMAZING VAMPIRE EVER and has no problems. Don't even get me started on Jacob imprinting on the ridiculously-named Renesmee, which I saw coming from a mile away.

Anyway, loved your review! :)

Baltzers said...

Christy,

Do you mean the review on Goodreads? I love to read other people's takes on this book. Here was one I really liked. Loved the last paragraph:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20217628,00.html

There was also another person on Goodreads that did a great review, I wish I could find it again. It made me ROFL.